I have been sharing a lot of sweets recently with Christmas coming up so I thought you all might appreciate a quick and easy dinner recipe instead. A recipe that only require 6 ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Cut them into strips and they would be perfect to snack on while watching a football game. Joel devoured these and may just request them on New Years for the Gator Bowl.
I love anything that involves puff pastry…add meat and cheese and I’m a happy girl. Delicious, simple and quick for the win.
recipe from Pepperidge Farm
1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
1 Tbsp. butter
1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
1/4 of a 24-ounce package frozen sandwich steak (4 portions)
4 slices provolone cheese
1 egg, beaten
1. Heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut into 4(5-inch) squares.
3. Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove the onion from the skillet.
4. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the sandwich steaks to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, breaking into pieces, or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
5. Spoon one-fourth of the onion and one-fourth of the sandwich steaks on the bottom third of each pastry square. Top each with 1 slice cheese. Fold 2 opposite sides over the filling. Roll up like a jelly roll. Brush the pastries with the egg. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut the pastries in half diagonally to serve.