We made it back from our Lake of the Ozarks vacation and although we had fun, I am glad to be home. A week was definitely enough nature for this girl! I came home with 35 bug bites, a killer sun burn and a cold that has lingered all week. I’m more of a beach or city vacation kind of person. Although it was nice to not have to worry about straightening my hair or putting on makeup.
I made these cookies before vacation for an amazing treat that I will share with you later this week. You are going to just die when you see what it is. So yummy!
These cookies are soft and chewy with a delicious cinnamon kick. I have a thing for cinnamon so I threw some into the batter rather than just rolling the dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture. I like the extra spicy, sweet kick it gives them, but it’s totally up to you. They come together quickly and easily so they are great to whip up when a sweet tooth craving strikes.
I just can’t wait to share the deliciousness that these helped create!
recipe slightly adapted from food.com
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until combined.
2. Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Slowly mix dry ingredients into butter mixture.
4. Chill dough and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
5. Meanwhile, mix 5 tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough then roll into balls. Coat dough by gently rolling balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
7. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.