This has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week. Noah has been teething so life has been rough for us all. I feel so bad for my poor little guy. Plus it’s snowing….on April 15. Yep, that’s right.
Luckily, these lasagna roll-ups brightened up our week a little. I wish little man could enjoy them, maybe that would make him feel better.
These were pretty simple to make and took less time than a traditional lasagna. Plus, they are way more fun! I basically took the ingredients from my mom’s lasagna recipe (best ever) and rolled them up into the noodles. So easy, so delish!
8 lasagna noodles, prepared according to box directions
1 (15oz.) ricotta
2 cups mozzarella or Italian cheese blend
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. parsley
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 lb. ground beef
2 hot Italian sausage links
1. Brown ground beef and sausage until no longer pink.
2. In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, basil, parsley, ground beef and sausage.
3. Combine the spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce then spread 1 cup on the bottom of a baking dish.
4. Lay noodles on a flat surface and divide mixture among the noodles.
5. Roll up the noodles and place seam side down in the baking dish.
6. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
7. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes then serve.